You’ve heard rock… but not like this.
Feverbones, a trio out of Austin, Texas, is taking some sweet sounds and stretching them in new directions.
Their new album Dream Talk — which drops this week — has the float of the 60s, the avant-garde of the 90s, and the wanderlust of now.
Get to know this smart and clever band below.
NAME/S: Christopher Cox, Abram Shook, and Matthew Shepherd (above, left to right)
AGE: If you add our ages together, we’ve been alive for 107 years!
POSITION: Third Base
HOMETOWN: Austin, TX
1. What is your earliest musical memory?
Not sure, but the earliest we can remember something musical is definitely 10am.
2. What has been your most embarrassing musical moment?
Ask again after 10.
3. What do you like and dislike about touring?
We’ve found that touring as a trio can be economical, and in some ways it can be less strenuous than touring with a bigger troupe. We always love making new friends in new cities and meeting rad bands along the way. And it’s great to revisit and catch up with those friends each time you roll through. Touring has definitely allowed us to meet a lot of kind, generous, and inspiring people.
There’s certainly a list of things we dislike about touring. Being from Texas, it takes so many hours travel time in any given direction before you can hit a bigger market. I think our least favorite thing would be driving ten plus hours and playing a show right after you arrive.
4. What is your favorite record store, anywhere in the world?
5. Other than your own music, what is your favorite song or album of all-time? Why?
It’s tough to say all-time favorites for all three of us. In the time that we’ve been a band we’ve consistently come back to these:
– Luke Temple “Good Mood Fool”
– Lo Borges/Milton Nascimento “Clube da Esquina”
– Bill Callahan “Apocalypse” and “Dream River”
– Andy Shauf “The Party”
6. You wake up in a seedy Berlin hotel room with no recollection of the past 96 hours. Who is your first call?
Other Six Crucial Questions:
— # —