The following Op/Ed was submitted by Lawlor Media Group.
As the CEO of New York Image Consultant, for nearly 15 years Amanda Sanders (pictured above) has used her critical eye, intuitive fashion sense and results-driven personality to build her reputation within fast-paced Hollywood and New York City.
She has styled some of Hollywood’s biggest celebrities such as Chris Rock for his Oscars hosting debut, and Gwyneth Paltrow for movie and television roles. Her IMDb profile includes an extensive list of her costume design and styling for both blockbuster movies and hit TV shows. Below Amanda gives her top five fab reasons to wear costume jewelry:
1. You can afford to grow your jewelry collection. Buying costume jewelry allows you to grow your collection both in depth and variety. This means that you will have pieces available for multiple outfits and occasions. One of my favorite insider tricks is to shop online for costume jewelry. If purchased through a reputable source this can save a considerable amount of money. In fact, I have curated a collection with BlingJewelry.com that is stylish and fun. While some of the pieces are staple pieces such as delicate hoop earrings and bangles, other pieces I chose are exquisite cubic zirconium jewels that are luxe enough to wear on the red carpet.
2. Costume jewelry allows you to stay on-trend while spending a bulk of your money on investment pieces. This is one of the things I love about shopping from websites or stores. I can stay up-to-date with all of the current trends but also focus my budget on investment pieces with classic trends.
3. Travel jewelry. I honestly think every man and woman should have a set of travel jewelry consisting of replicas of their designer and high-end jewelry to bring on vacation. When traveling it is much easier for your valuables to get lost or stolen. Having a set of nice, expensive-looking jewelry that is a copy of the real thing will save yourself from the anxiety of traveling with your valuable pieces and save you the heartache if they are stolen.
4. Mix your pieces in with designer or high-end pieces. Mixing and matching pieces of different values and styles is really the tall-tale sign of someone with style. Not everything needs to be expensive to look good, and mixing different pieces of jewelry visually helps to create depth and different textures.
5. Add variety to your wardrobe. Deciding to add variety with accessories rather than expensive clothes can breathe new life into your wardrobe. New accessories can help to add pops of color and vibrancy while also adding an element of playfulness to the basics in your wardrobe.
For more information about Amanda, please visit NewYorkImageConsultant.com.
OTHER “FAB FIVE” OP/EDS: