In Newswhistle’s weekly question-and-answer series, Clara Morgan speaks with some of the world’s top beauty and style influencers and finds out more about their lives and careers.
This week, Clara speaks with internationally-renowned fashion designer, Nicole Miller.
Upon graduating from the Rhode Island School of Design, where she graduated with a Bachelor’s of Fine Arts degree in Apparel Design, she spent a year in France studying at l’École de la Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture Parisienne.
These two degrees have enabled Miller to utilize her arts education with the haute couture technique to create a unique vision for her eponymous clothing line. Her line has a wide celebrity appeal with fans including Angelina Jolie, Joss Stone, Jennifer Aniston, Beyoncé, Blake Lively, and Eva Longoria.
For more on Nicole Miller’s fashions: http://www.nicolemiller.com/
1. If you could meet anyone in the world, who do you want to meet? And why?
Catherine Deneuve, because she is my all-time favorite actress, and I am half French.
2. Who influences your personal style?
3. What should women wear more of?
Color! And prints!
4. Favorite fragrance and cologne for men?
My own, Nicole by Nicole Miller.
5. Proudest career moment?
My first fashion show.
6. If you weren’t a designer what would you be and why?
I would own a restaurant.
7. Best dining experience you’ve ever had?
La Mere Brazier in Lyon. They had the most divine quenelles.
8. Favorite vacation spot and hotel?
Hotel Taiwana in St. Barth’s
9. Three (or four) items that can always be found in your handbag?
Celtic Salt, Mascara, iPhone, and my Nicole Miller Power Bank.
10. What song can you listen to on repeat?
“Blurred Lines” (sorry!)
Portrait and Spring 2015 Collection Images Courtesy of Nicole Miller