Bisma Eight is a boutique hotel experience set within the natural and cultural heart of Ubud. Rooted in the artisan heritage of central Bali, Bisma Eight invokes not only a sense of place, but a feeling of home and amazing cooking.
Here is a delicious Dragon Fruit and Citrus Curd recipe from Bisma Eight ‘s Sous Chef Agus Pardiasa.
INGREDIENTS FOR DRAGON FRUIT AND CITRUS CURD
* 1 dragon fruit, halved with flesh removed
* 2 lemons, zested and juiced
* 1 cup sugar
* 1/4 tsp vanilla
* 5 large eggs, at room temperature
* ⅔ cup butter, melted
1. Place the first 3 ingredients in a blender and purée on highest setting until very smooth, about 30 seconds.
2. Transfer to a heat-safe bowl, along with sugar, vanilla, and eggs.
3. Whisk contents of the bowl until well-incorporated.
4. Place bowl over a double-boiler on stove and continue to whisk until mixture thickens, about 6-8 minutes. (Note: you can tell when the curd has thickened when it easily coats the back of a spoon.)
5. Remove from heat and whisk in melted butter.
6. Pour warm curd into containers or pie crusts of your choice and place in the refrigerator to chill. Use and garnish as desired.
IMAGES COURTESY OF BISMA EIGHT
ABOUT BISMA EIGHT
From their team to their amenities to their suites, Bisma Eight (Jalan Bisma, Ubud, Bali,+62 361 4792888) has been mindfully crafted to encourage an atmosphere of relaxation and immersion. All of the Bisma Eight moments blend seamlessly into one another to form an Ubud experience unlike any other.