by Balthazar & Rose
This is one of our favorite products this season.
It’s Aleppo Soap (Savon d’Alep) from balthazar & rose, a towel and soap company based in Los Angeles.
Why do we like balthazar & rose‘s Aleppo Soap so much?
- It’s for both face and body, consists of only 4 ingredients (olive oil, laurel bay oil, lye and water), and has no parabens or artificial coloring;
- The soap is made by a seasoned Syrian Aleppo soap master;
- The product is part of a +1,000-year-old tradition from the city of Aleppo; and
- Each bar serves to remind us of the plight of refugees, who’ve been affected by the war in Aleppo and the rest of Syria.
And if that’s not enough…
- The soap is packaged in Los Angeles by Homeboy Industries, providing jobs for formerly incarcerated youth (homeboyindustries.org); and
- balthazar & rose will provide the Jesuit Refugee Service (jrsusa.org) with a portion of proceeds from every sale of soap.
Price: $14 (100-gram bar of soap, lasts 4-5 weeks); and $18 (200-gram bars of soap, lasts 8-10 weeks). Plus 20% off for the holidays, now through January 6 (Fête des Rois/ Feast of the Three Kings).
Shipping Information: USPS Priority Flat Rate (Tracked & Insured).
About balthazar & rose:
balthazar & rose is a social enterprise that strives to bring beautiful, simple, useful gifts from the East to the West. Our mission is to make a positive impact by bridging cultural divides with products that are socially responsible and embody powerful significance: working directly with artisans, protecting the cultural heritage of ancient products and providing economic opportunity for people on the margins of society.