If you’re feeling blue and want to stay that way, Florida’s Saved by Friday is NOT your band.
Saved by Friday makes you smile.
Saved by Friday makes you anticipate better days ahead.
Saved by Friday makes you feel, well, saved by a Friday.
Saved by Friday is an indie trio with summery tunes, tempo changes, and a lead singer that can hit the falsetto like nobody’s business.
We’ve listened to the band’s four-song EP, Three… repeatedly.
To us, it’s fun and full of hope.
And, if you’ve been experiencing loss or lows recently, it’s just what the doctor ordered.
Get to know the band below.
TO THE RESCUE: Saved By Friday is Namon (bass), Cordell (vocals) and Andre (guitar)
SIX CRUCIAL QUESTIONS FOR…
NAME: Saved by Friday
AGE (if you want to give it up): Namon, 25; Cordell, 23; and Andre, 25
HOMETOWN: Wesley Chapel, Florida
1. What is your earliest musical memory?
(Cordell) My first musical memory is when I was, like, three years old, standing around in my underwear and listening to “Dammit” by blink-182.
2. What has been your most embarrassing musical moment?
(Andre) When we were playing a show in Ybor, and I went to do a guitar spin, my guitar just straight FLEW off my strap!
3. What do you like and dislike about touring?
(Namon) Touring is a really cool and fun thing! I’d love to go on one… some day…
4. What is your favorite record store, anywhere in the world?
(Cordell) I’m gonna keep it real with y’all, I don’t really go to record stores, so by default, I guess it would be Barnes & Noble, haha.
5. Other than your own music, what is your favorite song or album of all-time? Why?
(Andre) My favorite album of all-time is Paramore’s self-titled album, because it has a nice balance of meaningful lyrics and happy music.
6. You wake up in a seedy Berlin hotel room with no recollection of the past 96 hours. Who is your first call?
Lead-In Image Courtesy of Saved by Friday